Wednesday, July 12, 2006

blogging at work is fun to do

everyone in my department has left for the day, so i blame this random blog on them. seriously though, i am busy, but i came across this and i thought it was great and i wanted to show you's guys what a dork i am and i didn't want to forget so i'm posting it now:


The 2006 runner-up, Stuart Vasepuru from Scotland, played with one of the most famous pieces of dialogue from the Clint Eastwood movie "Dirty Harry".
"I know what you're thinking, punk," hissed Wordy Harry to his new editor, "you're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' -- and to tell the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement; but being as this is English, the most powerful language in the world, whose subtle nuances will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?"


that is awesome on so many levels! *sigh* i just love grammar.




my undying appreciation will go to the first person to call me on that horrible run-on sentence i started with.

5 comments:

bri said...

it's more like a run-on paragraph than just a run-on sentence. ;)

Valerie said...

true that dog. when i run-on, i really run-on!

Anonymous said...

You are such a grammar nerd!
I realize that this comment is super over-do but this is the first time I have checked your blog for a super-long time. You should post more and then I will check it out more often. You are quite witty when you want to be. What if I made this the longest comment in your blog history? And you will just keep reading and reading waiting for me to make another point, but I won't. I am just trying to take up space. And now you may be trying to get mad at me for writing on and on and on but you can't. Because you are laughing. Oh yeah, you are LOL'ing right this minute. Hey, do you ever wonder if birds fly upside down? Because if I was a bird, I would definately fly upside down. That would be cool. Ooh, I guess I did have something else fun to contribute! I am so cool. I'll bet you are wishing we were sharing an office again right now. Oh the memories.....

Valerie said...

it's overDUE cheech. it's like you're retarded or something.

Anonymous said...

You were blogging at work! ummmmmmmummmm, ;) J/K I won't tell.