Tuesday, February 21, 2006

quick story...

just a quick little funny story about a faux pas i pulled last week at work.


i was looking over some paperwork with one of the ladies i work with. since we make blood products, sometimes things happen and we can't use the product, such as contamination. records for a contaminated product are marked as "CONT". we were discussing a record that was marked as "CONT" and when i referenced that remark, i pronounced "CONT" as you would the whole word, but without the "-aminated" part.


let it soak in for a minute and you'll realize i just said my least favorite word... out loud... to my coworker... nice.

7 comments:

bri said...

least favorite word?!? that word rocks!! hopefully you and the co-worker were able to laugh it off. or fight about it in a tub full of jello. either way.

Unknown said...

I have a story like that...I was at my job and it was my 3rd week there. We had to type treatment notes on every account that we talked to. We had a certain format that we were supposed to follow. Well it was really simple - "Pst Due= and Cur=". Well me being new I wanted to make mine look diffrent, I put - "Past Due= and Cu*t="....trying to put "Curnt=". Well you get the picture. The sad thing is that I didnt even know I had done it, until a co-worker pointed it out. I still find an account from way back then that will have my lovely notes pasted on it forever.

Hope you are doing well! Miss YA!!

Heather B said...

My work is a complete disaster when it comes to tact, I doubt anyone would even blink if I did something like that!

Just found your blog, its fun.

Laurie said...

I've actually described a woman with that exact word! Some people just fit the description.... *bitch* Oh sorry, I'm venting now.

Nice blog, btw. :)

Valerie said...

b: it is a good word, but it hurts my ears. i know, i'm a fucking prude!

sylvia: i miss you too sweetie, i'll e-mail you soon! :)

ristak: HAHAHA! at least there's no documented proof of mine!

heather b: my work USED to be the opposite of tact (see posts about cheech) so it's a big adjustment to all this "professional" and "friendly" business people are talking about. thanks for stopping by!

laurie: yes, i've been known to use the word because sometimes nothing else fits, but i save it for very special occassions. welcome to my blog cunt!

Anonymous said...

*Points*

*Laughs*

*Snots*

Anonymous said...

You never told me that ;) That is so funny. Who was it to? Maggott