Monday, July 11, 2005

further evidence that i am a geek

ya know what one of my favorite stores is?

staples.

do you want to know why?

because i love office supplies. yes, you heard me right. there is nothing better to me than a cool new pen and a clean sheet of paper. when i was in college, i loved taking notes because there was nothing better than filling up a piece of paper with words and then switching to the next clean sheet.

also, the kookier the office supplies, the better. i have all sorts of colored, glittery, themed, or nostalgic pens and pencils. and when i'm at work, i surround myself with the stuff. i hardly ever get anything done because i'm always playing with my things.

case in point: today i went to wal-mart to simply pick up some pull-ups for my daughter (potty training is a blast!). and somehow i was inexplicably drawn to the office supply aisles. it makes me happy to just be there, looking at the mechanical pencils, post-it notes and sharpies (all 3 are examples of things i carry around in my purse... seriously). and, people, they make mini-sharpies now! isn't that awesome?!

i really need to start working soon so that i don't have to rely on the office supply aisles at wal-mart for my daily fix.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hehehe...I am also in love with office supplies!! I love the gel ink pens that have flavors and smell good!! My boss actually just got back from Hershey PA, and she brought me a pen that writes brown, and smells like Choc...Oh I am in HEAVEN!

Unknown said...

Lmao! Ok ok I'm busted!!