Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Y-ME

as i've said, i'm trying to eat right as part of my Year of ME, aka, Y-ME. of course, there is a story here. almost 6 years ago (right after pete was born) i went to one of those women's conferences where they had a bunch of motivational speakers (i know, gag. i was in a phase!) and one of them was a registered dietitian name Zonya Foco and i thought she was so super motivational that i bought the stuff she was peddling.* anyway, i ended up with her cookbook... and dry erase grocery list... oh and dry erase menu planner (dry erase marker thrown in at no extra charge). i came home all psyched up that we were going to eat right, DAMMIT! and WE DID. for about 5 minutes. typical "diet" story, you know how it goes, so i won't rehash. i could (and probably should) totally blame the failure of that diet on my ex, but i won't.**
when i decided 2007 is Y-ME, i had no better place to turn to then my already purchased eat-right-cookbook, which was conveniently gathering dust with my "The Firm" workout tapes and "Fanny Lifter". since then, i have purged all fattening, triglyceride infested, carbohydrate ridden, non-whole-grain foodstuffs from my home. and you know what? it's not so bad!*** actually, i'm pretty sure that i'm only going to lose weight because i don't want to eat a damn thing in my house. whatever works, that's my motto.
this cookbook isn't too bad, it's got tons of ideas for eating healthy with little time to cook in. the downside of it is that Zonya loves the beans. beans in every freaking recipe. i like beans, they're tasty and all, but damn. i'm stinking things up like none other. hey! maybe that's how i'll lose weight. one methane expulsion at a time.
i'll keep you updated when the diet starts working. right now i've convinced myself that my body is just clinging onto all this extra weight and when my body loses and the diet wins the battle, i'll lose like 20 pounds over night. it could happen. don't judge me.

*see, she did this whole thing with scraping lard onto someone's hand showing the amount of fat you eat in regular potato chips and it was truly sick. it got me super motivated. i can't explain it, you had to be there.
**ok, maybe the lard thing wasn't that sick. potato chips are tasty!
***i'm totally lying. god, i miss those lardy potato chips!

2 comments:

Heather said...

You're my HERO!

Anonymous said...

I remember that book and your attempt at using it! Maybe this time you'll keep at it. Let us know how you're doing, even if as Annie would say, "It's a little gassy!" Ha...tonight she told Dad that her burps were gas! Who taught her that...maybe her crazy Aunt Valerie?!? Probably not, but it sounds good!